Tuesday, December 05, 2006

5 under 10 and 147!!


More numbers. It is good to watch them sometimes :-)

My schedule said for today an 8km race. No race of course but still tried to go fast and strong. For the first time ever despite of had stopped several times to recover set a good time for me. Looking at my chart I see that the average is 9:53 the last mile was around eleven so for the next race I will have to start easier to complete as strong as at the beginning. Still I tried to end with a negative split. It was a short one, but still I felt good while doing it.
It is the first time that I complete 5 miles with this numbers, good day! I know for most it is a turtle pace but still I was going -as it should be- only against myself and I think it was good. I know that with some more concentration I could be doing even better.I have to translate those stops in to slower pace. Another detail to remember is to carry my pack with water. My mouth felt dry for moments and I was feeling some thirsty.

Those stops that I made in fact helped me, then I needed them. My heart rate was very high and making it to go down by stopping felt good.
The 147 is what my scale read today. I know my weight goes up and down depending what I drink also, but still I hadn't seen that number since maybe last year, so the 'DETERMINATION' month worked... To be honest, the determination wasn't as strong as should be. It is a process and with my visitors, sharing meals with them... (By the way I read an article that mentions that if you eat in groups for business for example, it is harder to follow your diet, seems like you eat more if you eat in groups). But I can say that the process is working. Lately I am not puttin in my mouth junk food that easy, but not only because I think I shouldn't, but because I have no more carvings for it. My friend who is a personal trainer, is a vegetarian also. She used to tell me that she can not eat certainly foods as they appear too sweet or too greasy. Is this finally happening to me? Hope so, fingers cross :-P

7 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Hilda

Yes I think it's true that if you start eating only healthy/good food your body doesn't crave the crap anymore.

After living in Japan for ten years and eating relatively healthy food I can 't eat the greasy burgers and fast food that I used to love as a kid growing up in Australia.

By the way what does a "normal" meal consist of there?

3:41 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

Yes, eating in group i tend to eat more as well. The 'oh i should reward myself with this' or 'i should treat myself since this meal will be great' and my food intake gone up.

i agree with your trainer. Once i start eating healthy, getting back to junk is harder. My body dont' like that crap anymore.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything over 5kms and water should be a good idea.

7:31 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Hilda - great result and good on you sticking with the healthy food.

7:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job on the run Hilda! Good news on your progress and your weight!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good numbers all round Hilda :) Congrats on the 5 mile PB! Sub 10 minute miles is good - definitely not turtle pace.

I like how you're enjoying the new tastes of good food - as Scott says, it won't be long before you turn your nose up at junk food.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Nice job on the run. Go on with your progress. The weight I think is not anymmore a problem for you.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home