Sunday, December 10, 2006

Glutes on the run

It was a productive week that ended with 24 miles.
Since Thursday I noted something different on my glutes but until Friday and then again on Saturday, was that I started using and enjoying it. After about two miles into the run there is some new energy coming from my glutes and make my run stronger and easier. Maybe I think is like my strike has grown some maybe only a bit in length and that should aloud now this muscle to move better and for that reason now I can use them. I feel like the rest of my leg is useless now that I can use my glutes for pushing. It's energy is crucial. What a nice sensation. Seems like everything takes me long to happen and for that reason I can almost watch how my progress goes on...

On Friday I had to go for a speed session but missed it again. Instead of that I ran in what seemed to be a tempo run which had the best mile in 9:20. It was a great run. On Saturday I could felt the effort and change the run for the afternoon and that gave my legs a chance to run the last day of my running week. The start wasn't that nice but it ended full of renewed energy!

In other notes, I finally visited the doctor to receive the results of the studies, I was busy yes, but the truth is that as I felt recovered just didn't paid attention to it. I have gastritis coming from a bacteria and the treatment is with two different antibiotics. I didn't wanted to take them as some internet research I found saying it is common in this countries but exactly yesterday morning I started having some nausea and stomach discomfort. Hope this doesn't change my runs that at the moment are going so well... What a time for this to come, but still I should focus on the future and think of this as a part of the taking care of my health now and not in the middle of a marathon training. :-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your stomach will get better very soon. Gastritis is a very nasty feeling.

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for glutes! And be careful with stomach pain. It sucks.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad time of year for a stomach upset so close to Christmas. Hope all is well soon.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

'Pushing off' the ground, using the glutes is what we teach young runners - I'm sure it will help your running.

I hope the stomach problem settles down soon.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

I hope u get well soon. Yes focus on the long term. If your health is strong, your fitness level won't be far behind :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Only who had the same problem can understand how you feel and I do. Please be ready for the celebrations you need your stomach "in shape" for the Xmas dinner.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Are you OK Hilda?

You haven't posted for a week. I hope your not laying low with a stomach virus.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

Take the drugs... I'm a fan of drugs.

The kind that make you better... of course ;)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hilda, I hope everything is ok - you've haven't posted for a while.

Thank you so much for all your support & encouragement this year -it means alot to me. Hopefully we'll be able to meet when I'm in your area next year..Have a safe & Merry Christmas & my best wishes for the coming year.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Hildaaaa please come back to the bloggers world!
Happy New Year to you and yours.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home