Thursday, November 02, 2006

Do you want it or not?

YES or NO are the only answers to this question. Is what I have to think about to practice my Determination month. At least my problems aren't about running or in______. Better not even mention them.
Is the food. Hilda, repeat with me again: loosing weight will help your running A LOT. At least this are the current problems with the ones I have to be determinate to decide what I want for my improvement which at the same time means happiness. I've said it before. Running and training for a marathon is thousand times easier than to loose weight, -well not exactly- to keep my mouth as closed as it should be. (for me)
The scenery is not easy. I've been taking care of this issue the last two years and sounds like it will be a for ever task. Eating is one of the pleasures of life but leaving it on the side for something higher will have its regards.
I remember those days when being thin meant something completely different. It was about vanity only. In fact as soon as I started training four years ago, to loose weight, I put vanity on the side as I started feeling with energy and healthier than ever. Now when I see thin girls around or on TV I wish I could have a body like that to be a better runner or at least lighter.

Running is going fine by the way.
Wednesday 3 miles + DVD Jillian Michaels. Ran on the treadmill, felt much better not having to stop at all. Well, being indoors is impossible not to end doing a decent workout. I will train on it I wish, about 2 times a week.
Thursday 5 miles. It is definitely that my legs are stronger. It is now my breath and hasn't have improved as wished.

Tomorrow morning I have a couple studies at the hospital to end making clear and sure how my stomach is. When they gave me my appointment I was completely disagree of having to wait until 11 with out eating as they are busy until that time. The doctor gave me this killer look saying, "it is only for one day, nothing will happen". I wanted to be able to at least drink water.
Is not that I thought of not surviving with out eating. Is that I didn't wanted to cancel my morning run. But, ok I will move it for latter. How nice to defend my runs like this! It was just about that, but how could she understand how terrible could something like that be?

10 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hope it goes well for you at the hospital Hilda ;-)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I hope it goes well for you too Hilda.

I've had 'issues' with food in the past too. I didn't eat much, if at all. I still have a few demons which I can ignore, But I have come to realise that food is fuel & I don't want to be skinny for the sake of it anymore; I want to be strong, fit, athletic & fast :-)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I am sitting here nodding my head. I always have said that following a healthy diet is the HARDEST thing I have EVER done.

If you can figure out a trick to it please let me know.

8:39 AM  
Blogger D said...

I don't like fasting before doctors appt but obviously to have accurate tests it must be done. I start feeling like I'm losing my mind! Good luck with that. Good job with the running!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

You don't really want to look like those "thin" girls on TV, instead you want to feel healthy. Take a look at Deena Kastor on the front cover of the December Runner's World. I don't know if Deena would make it as a runway model, but she is certainly one of the healthest looking women I've ever seen.

I hope you do well at the hosptial. Let use know the results.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Phil is right. Eat healthily for running and avoid the sweet stuff and junk. Try and make healthy eating a habit. I know how hard that can be, as I have a sweet tooth!

I hope the hospital visit went well. It's great that you have running as a high priority in your life.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Hilda

All the best with your continued health and efforts. Certainly it is not easy to lose weight. I agree with Spark Driver that it is the hardest thing I've done. But of late I'm doing alright as I'm simply keeping to eating only unprocessed foods and I'm not thinking about the amount I eat. I eat until I'm full every meal.

It got easyier when I stopped thinking about "I got to lose weight", "I got to lose weight" all the time. And Then I made the mistake of thinking if I relaxed and don't think about losing weight I am better off. It was a mistake because it is a very real and difficult problem and people who need to lose weight cannot put it out of their mind. After all it is like trying to not think about the monster under your bed. The more you think about not thinking about it the bigger the monster gets.

Ewen said it, eat healthy, no junk, be systematic and sensible as you have been with your running.
And forgive yourself for the occassional slip. We should take comfort in the fact that we are at least on the right track.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

....but thanks to the running you can eat a bit more without being sorry. I hope it goes well for you at the hospital.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Oooh, good luck at hospital Hilda. I hate those places! Food is not bad - it isjust fuel, pleasurable fuel, Use good fuel and get good results! LOL - just wish I could abide by the same rules!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home