Thursday, January 18, 2007

I just felt like wanting more

Today's workout was made in episodes. Instead of leaving home at around 6.45 with N I stayed until 7:25 because she didn't come and M was about to arrive at 7.30. I didn't have a real plan to do today. I thought of training only with M in order to do a longer run tomorrow. With M "covered" 3.5 miles. Running and walking. When we end made some stretching and watched the day was gorgeous,
windy, blue sky, fresh, lovely, believe me. We started talking and to continue with the chat invited her for breakfast. It happens from time to time, we are friends now.
I had what I usually eat for breakfast; 1 egg + 3 egg whites with fresh tomato sauce and a slice of bread, a glass of pineapple juice and coffee with a small pan cake.
Not conservative at all but this is the best I can make having breakfast in a hotel everyday in the buffet! The truth it was harder before not to eat other things they offer and that look great. Now I am stronger...
After that we took a brief walk, -about 10 minutes as we were finding out about an new Internet service available at the hotel (which could in the future solve my connection problems) and went to the parking lot and said goodbye.
While walking to my car I watched again the lovely morning. It was already around 10 but the sun wasn't that hot in fact the wind was fresh. I just felt like running again. The rest of course could wait. I just went and how nice it was! I had no water with me and had to stop to drink 2 times but continue until ended with 4.5 miles for a total of 8. Started thinking of going for 1 loop around the hotel (2 miles) but after drinking water felt like going for half of that again. Drank again but felt fine and went for 1 more. It is great to feel again the happiness of running. Stopping helped of course a lot but there was no one around who care in fact. Garmin had a day off as it ran out of energy but I didn't precisely missed it.
This second chance to run I was in a high. And it came to my mind that the only ones that could understand this moments is you my team from the blogsphere and knew I had to share this feeling.
It was surprising that I could run immediately after eating that amount of food, the first 3 miles it was fine ended with some discomfort but nothing that bad.
One thing different I had this morning was a dosis of ginseng that definitely was what made the trick. In fact after this that I call successful morning I am thinking about green tee. I used to have some before starting my workouts and gave me lots of energy. I will stick to that again.

28 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

We understand :-) Sounds like a wonderful start to the day!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You've described a beautiful morning to perfection Hilda. That lovely breakfast at half distance sounds like something we all should try :)

1:02 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh yes - I fully understand!!!! Sounds like a great second run - and a perfect morning for running.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great run. I often eat large quantities of food during a long event, or at least when I am paying attention to my eating, and after awhile you get used to running right after you finish eating. Enjoy the sun for those of us who cannot.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

What a great run. With so many of us running in the cold and dark a little further north we are certainly envious of your surroundings.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Excellent! Nothing beats a wonderful run.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Once u start..u can't stop.. :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

What a great sounding breakfast. I would have trouble saying no.

7:21 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

Wow - what a perfect run - break it up with food to keep you going. I like it!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

A perfect run, in a perfect morning, in a perfect place.

7:21 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Glad to read that you're still up to your running ways.

5:59 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great run!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Um, second try. Great run Hilda! I have no idea how you can resist those big buffet hotel breakfasts -still the one you had sounds yum!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Come back Hilda - we miss you :-))

Hope everything is going well for you. Take care of yourself !

2:53 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Green tea is the go Hilda. Where you at? You haven't posted for over a week.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Where are you? Are you preparing a fantastic post?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

*cricket chirping*

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I hope everything is OK with you Hilda. Post soon and let us know what you're up to.

7:19 PM  
Blogger D said...

Hilda - where are you?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hilda - come back to us :-)

I hope that everything is ok for you & your family. Let us know how things are going.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Are you OK Hilda? It's been a long time... we're worried about you.

Don't worry about trying to read our blogs, just post something - even if you've stopped running and taken up lawn bowls.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Hilda ... please let us know your OK. Thanks.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hilda, Ewen is right - we don't care if you've thrown away your running shoes & taking up the sport of sand castle building - just please post to let us know you are ok :-) I'm thinking of you.

J xx

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

It is possible Hilda - don't give up!

5:30 AM  
Blogger D said...

Hey Hilda - just checking in. Are you still training for your marathon?

1:35 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

You can do it!
No question about it!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I wanted to post and I can't!!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great run!

omega massage chairs

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home