Monday, October 09, 2006

Week 2 Day 1 = 3 mile+strength
My partners were specially slow today (now they are two!!). One of them will have to loose about 40 pounds, which makes her beginning hard. It is nice to think how much is in them, how much they can improve and I hope I will be able to see them grow!
Walked with them for 45 minutes. It was late when I was ready to start with myself, the sun was BURNING. Despite of my wishes of running outside I went to the gym and climbed in to the elliptical. The treadmill was busy... I made there 3 miles, in about 30 minutes. My feet get numb with the elliptical. When I ended the session also my right knee was sore. I don't like it, but well, I had 3 miles to go! Then after, my weight and abs session. It is nice to workout seriously.
I have to work myself apart. Now with two persons is harder to combine the workouts.

Week 1 Day 7 = 6 miles (long?)
I was expecting a lot from this run, but it wasn't the right day. Started just fine, but couldn't enjoy my first "long run" since the marathon happened. Still experience tells me that enjoyment sometimes starts only after the 8th mile. Anyway, my legs were tired at the end. Better days will come. I am just climbing up to the stairs of it!

6 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hi Hilda - I missed your great marathon debut whilst I was out of action and just got around to reading the post just now - fantastic report.

Congratulation on such a brilliant achievement. The meory of the toughness you showed that day must be helping you now - good stuff Hilda ;-)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Runners recover at various timeframes, don't worry if you feel soreness still, it will improve soon.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Did you ever think that you would say that "...enjoyment sometimes starts only after the 8th mile..."?

6:19 AM  
Blogger D said...

It is always nice to have people to work out with who motivate you and you in turn motivate them.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Hi Hilda ... thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I appreciate your input.

Don't get too discouraged, you'll be fully recovered in no time and banging out long runs without a problem.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting to have some training partners that you can motivate with your own experience. Good luck to them and to you as you build back after the marathon.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home