Monday, October 23, 2006

Truths

RW's wake up calls:
"Each extra pound of body weight is equal to four pounds of pressure on the knee when walking and 25 pounds when running".
"For every week you take off it takes two weeks time to regain fitness".

Yes, all we know about this stuff, but is good to read it again, remember...
No, it is not that I've stop! Not at all, is just that sometimes I get lazy on checking your blogs due to my slow internet connection. It takes me LONG to do it. Then I just don't write mine either. Hope I can improve that finally this week.

Last week continued with 3.5xhills (4 miles) on Thursday, Friday was off, Saturday 4 miles. Total 19. Goal was 23.
The truth is as walking with my partners is taking me apart from my own training. When I go with them we are not yet running as they are beginners trying to loose weight.
Felt too tired to run Sunday morning. I had some "social activities" on Saturday. Woke up at 7 but feeling tired.
This morning made my weights session. Today I still have to run and an Abs session to do.
I will have to change some details on my schedule. Doing long runs Sunday morning is not working. Even to think of it the day before gets my stressed as I have to be ready around 8.30 to take the children to horse ridding. I can only go for around 4 miles.
The goal of running 6 days a week is not yet reach. My week will start today and reach that goal with no excuses. Just because I want to do it. I want to feel stronger and fitter and for that I have word to do!

9 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Good to hear from you Hilda - good luck with the 6 day running week ;-)

8:25 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I wish I could send you a broad-band connection. It must be very frustrating to try to keep up using a dial-up. I really appreicate you making the effort to stay connected.

Is there anyway you can run earlier in the morning? I finally figured out that I had to change my sleep cycles completely in order to get in the running I wanted to do. I just couldn't get in 8 to 10 miles before my kids woke up in the morning unless I was out the door before 5 AM. Of course, this means I am falling asleep by 10:30 (this is my last comment for the night), but it's worth it. I have time to spend with my family during the day and get 40+ miles in by running in the very early morning. I just can't stay up late like I use to do.

Good luck.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

It's tough fitting everything in when you have kids. I hope you manage it this week.

Thanks for the reminders too.. Must stop eating that chocolate!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Hilda, I've forgotten how frustrating a slow internet can be.

Perhaps you can do some of your own training before or after the sessions with your partners?

Good luck with finding a spot for your long run.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got dial-up internet access at home, and I know exactly how frustrating it is.

I think you need a new goal you can work towards, Hilda. All year you had the marathon to focus on, now you're drifting a bit, I think. Do you want to sign up for a new race?

7:19 AM  
Blogger D said...

I completely agree with Thomas. I remember being a bit down after my first marathon and not understanding why. Well, you work so hard working toward that first marathon. You finish it and are very emotional about it. And then: nothing. Maybe looking for a new race (not necessarily a marathon) to train for would help get you on track. Just a thought.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I get reminded of how difficult a dial up connection is when I visit my in-laws. I hope you can get a better connection at some point.

Good luck on the 6 days a week running. I would be happy to do this right now as well.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Ahh cable internet connection. How I DON'T miss the old dial-up.

I understand about the busy lifestyle. Thanks for making an effort in catching up.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

Thanks for posting. I have to remind of my weight as well :)

Hmm..partners...whenever i have partners, I usually consider that as a easy day.

DOn't feel so bad on yourself. You are busy with life. Once things settle down, u will be able to train.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home