Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My breath has to catch my legs ?!?!?!

ril
Monday's long run, was made late, but done. In the morning I still felt tired. It isn't lack of motivation. Maybe my organism fighting with a bug. I feel suddenly tired, or too hungry (more than normal :P) some dizzy sometimes.
Motivation is fine. I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime I think of running!

Monday: 5pm run 7miles
The truth is that I wasn't very pleased with this run. My legs were ok but started feeling too tired too soon. Introduced many walk breaks to catch my breath. Now I can't say it was the weather. Now it is becoming fresher and the sun is low enough to not interfer with my running. Lack of fitness. Ended feeling too tired like a very long run.

Wednesday run: 4 miles.
Lost the chance to run on tuesday. First, in the morning I had to attend an event at school. Then I had the intention of running in the afternoon, but our usual afternoon activities didn't let me enough time... This morning I lost valuable time because of my partners. As we finally started training made a resistant training with bands. Then, time only aloud us to walk 2 miles. The sun was already high and I wasn't even able to think as I was SO HUNGRY. Bla, bla, bla. My run was still missing!

Started running at 6pm. How strong my legs feel, even I can tell they are running faster. Is my breath what I can't catch. My lack of work of this last month. But this improvement in strenght is real and my legs are in great shape. I don't even have to complain about the spur or my left knee! The run went great. Weather was perfect and I was just there enjoying what I expect will be a great off-season training!

12 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Great work Hilda - it sounds like you are improving all the time ;-)

11:10 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Expect some ups and downs after a marathon. Some days you'll feel great, other days not so good.

I'm experiencing the hunger thing at the moment too - not quite sure what is going on.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Patience, it will get better, allow some time for recovery before you feel 100% again. Some people need longer than others, don't worry.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Your breathing will catch up to your legs Hilda. It will improve as your training builds up (in length of runs and quality of some sessions). I have the same problem (lack of breath) at the moment!

6:24 AM  
Blogger D said...

I hope you figure out whatever it is that is going on. Maybe it is just post marathon stuff. Have you decided what marathon you will do next? I like your new profile photo (not sure if I already told you that.)

9:54 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Thats a great feeling when your strong and you know it!

Bask in the post marathon glow and enjoy it.

R2B

7:27 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

We all have off days (some of us have more than others). You got stronger as the week progressed though. It will take a little while to fully recovery.

Good luck.

And thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

There are number of runs..I have to stop and just walk a bit.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. For me, my mind will be screaming out 'uh oh there goes your endurance.'

I know it is just the insecure side yapping. I have run enough and have faith in my body.

Sometimes running hwo u feel is good..i mean..walk and run depend on how you feel. No agenda, no time, no HR.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have hassles the other way. My breath is doing fine but the legs break down.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The ups and downs are normal. Body and mind sometimes disagree too. Don't worry, keep on running, you are a marathoner!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I have the same problem sometimes; I'm sure you'll soon be back in top form.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Hilda

You may already know it but I was told by a pro that the lack of breath may be due to lack of Iron.

Try increasing your iron intake and see how in goes.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home