Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blame the weather!

It all was going just great until this morning!

Made a hill session on Thursday as planned. I should not skip this session, they are so important and in fact I had fun. The thing is that there are no hills around here and the only one that I've seen has dogs around. Then I have to go to the gym. Lately that sounds so boring for me that last week changed it for a speed session.
This time it was late and sunny, so I just went to the gym. The schedule said to do only 3 x hill. That could be a clue for the other times hate this sessions. I was doing around 6 to 8 times repetitions. I ended too tired to repeat it again the next week. After that made a weights session.

Saturday woke me up with a headache. But just ignore it and went for a 3 mile run. It ended well and it felt fine to do it. The weather changed and started being very cloudy and rainy. I started feeling tired and with no energy.
It should be the weather changes.

This morning was the problem. Woke up on time. It took me long to leave home and went to the gym to get some cold water. Couldn't get out as heavy rain started. If I am already in the run I don't mind to run with rain, but I'm not good as starting with it!
Anyway, after just a few minutes I could get out. Started running, but it didn't work. The engine could not be turn on never. I tried one and once again, but no. Something didn't let me. It should be that my body felt the weather changes! It has happened to me before, just hope it doesn't go farther.
The worst part is that I was just about to loose my only "long" run of the week. But I still have a chance tomorrow. My friends aren't coming as they are traveling to Santo Domingo.... I will attempt again!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some long training runs that didn't go as planned or didn't go at all. Don't worry, missing one isn't going to break the bank, it is your cumulative training that gets you to the finish line...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got drenched by rain today, but it did not start until I had already been running for a few miles. I do not like beginning a run when it is raining either. Good luck getting the long run completed.

11:31 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Always good to have a rehersal before a good performance Hilda ;-)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

We all have bad days and bad weeks; fortunately, those bad days are soon forgotten when everything comes together for your next perfect run. I hope you get a good nights sleep and get out on your long run tomorrow.

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try not to miss a long run, Hilda. A missed speed or hill workout won;t harm you, but the long runs are really important.

As the other commenters have said, we all have good and bad days. This was a bad day, they happen to all of us.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I don't like to start in a rain either:( Don't worry, all is good!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck tomorrow for the long run Hilda. I also don't like starting in the rain.

With the hill repeats, I would suggest not having a set number. Just repeat them until the point where you start to lose form. Some days, this number might be 3, other days 7, other days 6. There's little point in running hills when you are 'gone', as after that point, you are just learning to run with bad form.

5:53 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Looking good Hilda!

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home