Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11am Run!

Week 2
Day 2 = 3 mile
Started early to run before training with M and K. Finally had my first run after two weeks. I didn't stop and no walking breaks, felt great! Covered them in 30 minutes, I was very pleased.
After that we made a 45 minutes walk. I must confess that at the end I was feeling some tired. My legs were some stiff. It must had been the weights from Monday.

Day 3 = 3xhills
missed the hills because of not checking right my schedule. Doesn't matter, I will make them tomorrow.
I had a terrible night. Now it is like if I have a baby at night. Luna started crying at 1.30 then at 2.30 and didn't checked the time the third time when she cried. She wanted to pee. After each one it was very hard to go back to sleep.
strange but despite of this I woke up easily and in a good mood.
The "group" training consisted this morning in 30 min walk and 30 minutes of deep water running. The water was so fresh that we really enjoyed it. I felt like it was going to be enough for the day.
The nice history of this morning is that when we ended the "group'" workout, I realized that it was going to be a cloudy and fresh day. My mind immediately scheduled a run.
Arrived home and started preparing myself for going to the run, when a friend arrived. She stayed for about an hour. When she left I thought it was too late to start running, but as I was trying to start doing something else, everything seemed to be like confusing. I wasn't in my own. My mind had scheduled a run because of the cloudy morning, that there was no choice and I had to go.
Oh! If I was feeling great and strong! It rained nicely for about 10 of the 30 minutes the run took me. Garmin even said 10:05, 9:50 and 10:25 which as you know is like flying for me, but if I listen to it when is too slow, why won't I listen to its positive statements?
Ended with a great sensation again, thinking that there is not even one time, that I have regret of going for what could had seemed to be a bad day!!! Never, not even once!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Spark Driver said...

Its funny how you scheduled your run then felt like you had unfinished business.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to get faster automatically as you keep training. It's always better to run by effort, not what some machine tells you.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's great you made the effort to get out there Hilda. You ended up enjoying a fantastic run! These surprises are sometimes the best.

6:17 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Group training is great for motivation isn't it?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Hilda

Thanks for your recent messages.
Your running life there sounds wonderful. I'm not sure maybe Ewen could tell you, but I heard that after you begin to run, whether that is at 16 or 60, you will with consistent effort make steady improvements for 6 to 8 years.

If that's the case you are sure to have a good future in the sport.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

So true... it can be hard to get out there, but you never regret it. Great job!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Running under the rain is my favourite situation, it gives me a special feeling of happiness.
I understand very well what you mean when you say: "it is like if I have a baby at night". My cat had the same behaviour of Luna until few months ago.

5:24 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good on you Hilda for getting out there!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Nice run Hilda. You're getting stronger. Don't get too hung up on what the Garmin is telling you. At this point in your training, you need to be running by how you feel, not what the Garmin is telling you.

Keep up the great work.

3:28 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I know that feeling exactly - something seems out of place when you plan on having a run and then something happens and you can't go. Its ggod to hear that you are back running and feeling ok. Whats next for you running-wise?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home