Thursday, July 13, 2006

I feel good :D

Made it. I just don't know how but made it and feel great just like if it was any run. I am not with the usual high. It was somehow easy... Is this becoming in something I am finally getting used to??
I wanted to run 14 miles if the morning was lucky, and if everything was ok, try to reach 16.
From the beginning planned to do six laps around the hotel. Each one is 2.6 miles, if each of them were done in 30 minutes that will give me 15 miles.

Thinking it that way from the beginning made it easier, instead on being focused on 16 I had to do only 6.
I added some miles at the beach each lap, what gave me more distance. Around mile 10 I realized I was going greatly on time. That gave me a boost and this kept happening over and over. The truth is that I walked but that helped me to recover and as I was going back to run. I could develop some good pace!
The hardest moments were under the sun, but could overcome them.
I think speed was improved as I am wearing new shoes, if that help!! I bought them specially for the last long runs. At the end my feet were some stiff but I think it should be because they are NEW.
This was a good run, I feel like I am almost where I was before holidays. I could complete a 16 mile long run and just added 10 minutes compared to the same distance 2 weeks ago.
My legs were fine, the breathing was some hard, fitness will come back before the marathon. Bring it on!!

Oh yeah, the spur... The orthotics are working perfectly!! They were made specially for me and seem to be working very well.
I have to use them in both feet. They only have like a ball in the center and that is what avoids the pain on the heel, is perfect. I don't like to use it on the foot that is fine, but it could produce some imbalance. In the other foot I don't even realize that ball is there.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad the orthotics are working out! I have noticed that i am getting more used to things, 7 mile runs are no longer considered "long" anymore and i was no longer sore after a 12 miler...

3:52 PM  
Blogger D said...

I can't believe your marathon is so close. Your photos from the London race look great. You DO NOT look fat - you look great.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Glad the orthotics work for you!

6:14 PM  
Blogger miners said...

I think Go Girl will tease you about your choice in shoe colour! ;)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for your kind words Hilda.

Yah! That is great news, I'm so pleased the orthotics are working for you. Bring on the marathon!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the long run went well. You'll be in good shape on race day.

10:00 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

Great run Hilda. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you now. Thanks for sending us rain!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself. Keep up the great work.

8:16 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

I knew you would be running strongly again in no time!
Well done.

As for the orthotics you should wear both as prescribed to avoid the imbalance.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home