Monday, July 17, 2006

And I say enjoy!

The training at the moment:

Friday, 3 mile recovery run.(treadmill)
Now I understand the sense of the recovery word. How it helps! I started making this recovery runs since I knew about my vacations to add some more miles because of the one that were not going to be done. But now making them is giving me the chance to feel how good it is and how it speeds up the recovery. And the bike is just there staring at me, but now I am running 5 days a week, better load and I am feeling good!!

Sunday, 5 easy miles. Weight training.
My weeks start on Sunday. This week I am planning to go back to my complete program including the weights, the plyometrics, abs and the yoga sessions. Inserted the weights in the middle of the run. The second session with 2.5 miles to go was easier than the first one. My body missed the weights so it felt good to work my legs and back.

Monday 10 long run + plyometrics.
I'm still playing games with food. I had for dinner last night arrachera, ignoring my own thoughts telling that it was not good for a run the day after, but I paid the price this morning. Over the fifth mile I was exhausted. Made walking breaks and it was when I started asking myself what was going on this morning. Soon came to my mind the steak... Well at least this is just a training and will work as a warning to myself to avoid all the food that is waiting for me when I'm in Mexico, the days before the marathon. Fortunately they will be about only two. So still I made the miles, grrr it was hard, but as long as I decided to go for them understanding what was causing me the problems I felt better and slow but reach the distance.
I will make a review to my nutrition notes and books to start the carbs load from now. They are a key for success to my long runs ahead.
Talking about long runs, in fact there is only 3 more of them 18, 14 and 20 before the marathon. I've made 18 before but I bet this will be much better now. The day is getting close!!

I like to wish you to enjoy your races, training runs and the fun runs. Seems like it is me who has lost some of it. I remember last year, running yes, but all the time watching around the landscape the palm trees, the sky the waves breaking on the sand... Now on my mind is the distance. To complete it. The marathon etc. In fact I even stopped going to the beach. Sometimes it is the dogs around it, others the sand that is too uneven, the thing is that I will try to move my mind in that way.

7 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Hey, nice moving! Do you fuel on the long run? It helps a lot.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, it's getting very close now. I'm feeling excited for you!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

You are running so well now. You are also giving me confidence for my running program. I am looking forward to your big day

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with these last three long runs. It is good to hear you so positive.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

3 lomg runs and after the big day. Go Hilda!

3:32 PM  
Blogger D said...

As we get closer to our marathons and have put in so much blood sweat and tears, it is understandable that we feel tired and a bit wiped out. You are getting so close!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Almost there, Hilda! You're a trooper!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home