Sunday, May 21, 2006

And I knew why

This morning it took me ages to wake up. Alarm was set at 5:40 and made it 'till 6:10 hardly.

WO: 3 miles ONLY. GOOD.

Still I feel proud of that "only". Since I woke up I was wishing to stay in bed. Prepared my gear and when I was out ready to run it was already 6:45!! Too late for a runner in this place, well maybe the weak ones.
Started slowly. Immediately knew this was not going to be a 9 something miles. Took it easy.
The reason? Certainly my long run on Friday with that high heart rate made me feel that tired. Today pace was the fine, under the sun and in between 140-150, those sport beans...
So as I knew why no panic. Canceled the bike and weights and abs... What else? Called me a coward but prefer to save energy and at least I am covering the distance. I keep learning from my experience.


In other notes, tomorrow I should be doing hills session. There is a nice hill around this area. It can' t be well appreciated here but just the think of doing it make me feel excited, It will be some challenge for me. The area has lots of cows and animal farms. Hope they are not dangerous, I'm such a coward! Some of you like Bella, for example, going to places where she would find cougars and me, worried for donkeys.... Inside me still lives a cosmopolitan girl.

The thing is that I can't get there early enough and still going there alone doesn't sound to me very attractive. I need a partner. Any volunteers?
Well I have the rest of the day to figure out how to make it. Wish not to end as always in the poor hill in the hotel. The treadmills are broken...

Thanks for all your good wishes for my recovery with the tooth. It is fine now. (After three sessions in a week) Now my whole teeth are very sensitive and my appetite has decreased, I fell lighter and can choose what to eat. That is good for my weight. You see how everything has a positive side?

Also I want to thank you for following the spur updates. Your good wishes seem to be working, pain has decreased enormously thanks to them and the strategies, specially the arch support. I receive all sort of strange sights thanks to them, but how could people figure out how good they are for me !

9 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Just wondering what the worst a donkey can do to you is? Dont worry, your speed work will help you run away really fast from any problem...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Glad your spur si getting to behave, and good luck on hills!

12:32 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Hehe Hilda - I think I would rather be fat than have a toothache!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I'd go with you if I could get there! I love the Carribean.

Hope the donkey doesn't chase you up the hill.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Pick me! Pick me! I would love to run with you in such a exotic place.

4:06 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Oh, I would definitely volunteer in a heartbeat, I love to run along farms... I don't mind the smells! :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

An area with a lot of cows and animal farms sounds very interesting. It could be a chance to run faster!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

We only have to worry about angry kangaroos and brown snakes while running.

Great that you have some hills in that beautiful place. What views!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job with your run!! I think the donkeys would scare me too!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home