Friday, February 24, 2006

Saved by written words

This morning's workout was almost aborted, but some miracle words saved my long run. This is what happened:
I was ready to go but I had to wait 20 minutes... that made me feel some anxious. Finally started to walk to the beach. ITBS was seriously telling me "I am here". When I get there and started to "run" it was getting worst and worst. I just could handle to go for 0.3mile!!!!! I definitely had to stop, went to the hotel and changed my shoes.
While doing this I was thinking that this could be one of the sources and roots of this ITB problem. I use this shoes for the beach, but they are motion control and I really enjoy them there, but I am not a low arch and since I started using them the problem started.... I am not using them again.
I decided to skip the beach run and started slowly at the hotel once again. That was plan #2. But ITB was still pulling, still there bothering me grrrr. I even thought, "I should stop and cancel this", "this is not good", but at the same time, I imagined my day without running and felt the sadness of canceling a workout just at the starting point. Suddenly my mind flew to the blogsphere and remembered 2p's title "Happiness is" 30km.... and just in that very moment, seem like my ITB was agree with that thought, and just STOPPED HURTING ME!!! I was still at the starting point almost, but this time able to go on.
While I was over the 4th mile I thought it was enough happiness, but no!! This was a long run, so I continued.
Today I finally understand and felt how it is to run relying on fat, which of course I have plenty!!!
I was running between 145 and 150HR during the first 10 miles. I avoided to have my gel and thought that I was just going to use it if I felt dieing. The sun also made me slow down some. The speed was slower than a turtle's pace, but still I was feeling that my body was moving still enough to look like not walking. I saw my watch and realized that completing the last 4 miles at this pace was meaning to continue being there for one more hour, and just made it. This source of energy NEVER ENDS.
I finished 14 miles in 2:55, an eternity for that distance but learn more and I wasn't depleted or sore as some other times. I didn't stop at all since I started!!!
Just some stiff to walk but I awarded myself today going to the spa for a pool massage. I am feeling great at this moment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Woo-hoo, great run!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sometimes the most satisfying runs come from the least likely times. Good for you for pushing through and being so determined - you got the reward! Enjoy your post-run high Hilda!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I hope your itb doesn't give you any more problems. it might be your shoes, but it also might be running on the sand especially if it is sloping one way.
You could try your other shoes on the beach and see if they are OK there to see if that is the problem.

12:46 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Very inspiring entry Hilda - I will try and remember that feeling when I run tomorrow morning.

I hope your ITB is feeling better.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job on your run! You're going to be very prepared for your marathon!

What's a pool massage? Is it a massage with water? It sounds heavenly!

12:25 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Hey, how come you can pull thru your ITB problem while it become unbearable for me. I took I'm being such a baby about the whole thing!

2:49 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Glad you had such a nice run Hilda - but be careful with that ITB ;-)

Positive thinking certainly does help!

5:54 AM  
Blogger D said...

GREAT NEWS HILDA. Just be cautious because it is better to rest a little bit and take it slow than to get injured and not be able to run for months. Your heartrate is in a Great range!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Lesbians kissing and more Rolling backpack for girl Transvestite meeting widlands cd changer non universal 2006 honda civic prices Private voyeur couple tits huge ones tiny tits movie clips 1996 chrysler sebring convertible tachometer How to cleanup oilgrease stains of the driveway Hiv bontril history culinary schools &apostiny titties Anal x depakote weight gain stories Deren big boobs

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home