Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Delightful words: Recovery Run

It is fantastic that such a kind of workout exist!! You can run while your body is triggered to recover, then it is not necessary to stop running!! Funny that while my pace remains slow as before, -now that I KNOW that forcing all the time to accomplish a better pace day after day is not the greatest way to train-, I definitely enjoy this slow runs that won't ever go farther than 150HR and that prepare my body to learn to improve the pace, while burning and relaying on fat. I definitely have plenty of it...
Today 4 mile recovery.
I went to the gym before to warm up my legs with some squads, stat lunges and leg press machine, but it was just a brief session.
ITB started pulling some, but it went away over the second mile. Breathing while directing the air to the pain area helped a lot. It is good that my mind is not stress so I can handle it in a better way, of course I am stretching a lot.
We had some rain this morning. When the sun started shining the air was so damp... spring is arriving.

7 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Actually a HR of 150 sound like a bit high for a recovery run. Try to go even lower. It depends on your max HR, of course, but a lot of people seem to think 145 is as high as you should go on a recovery run.

12:53 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I'm sure you've already mentioned this but when and where is the marathon you're planning to do?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love recovery runs as well. My problem is that since I have not been running as many days I hardly ever do them anymore. Once I start running 6-7 days a week I will be able to add in recovery runs.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Glad you're having such a great time running!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Keep it up Hilda. You are doing a great job!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

You have written what I have always thought: the recovery run is the heaven! Sometimes we call it the "touristic run" to enjoy the landscapes and the more interesting parts of the city.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. http://www.venlafaxine-xr.info/Hummer1.html University of texas womens basketball Sioux falls bikini pics Vibrators joliet illinois Phone sex shemales thule roof rack cargo mounts Kristys mpegs adult Vancouver wa hot tubs ryland home berkshire model hoffman estates illinois naked wheelchair girls Diesel home heating and furnace Cheat codes for ncaa 06 football Sibulan beach resorts Apple in ear headphones intro apple in ear

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home