Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Know-how

Monday morning I started to prepare my kick-boxing session. I wanted to start again with the group since I cancelled the sessions for two weeks because of my ITB problem. I was training with a video to add new steps for the session. I had been only there for about 5 to 8 minutes, when ITB started hurting me again so badly!! I think maybe the fast movements that have to be made for the legs are still very bad. So I had to cancel definitely the group in order to remain injury free during this two easy months and before to start training for the marathon in april -the marathon is in august-.
I will go back to my weight training session on Mondays and Thursdays to strengthen all the body.

Today: 7 miles intervals.
My numbers from last week to this have improved already some. It is like my body is learning to switch from burning carbs to burn fat again.
During last September I ran at a slow pace, but then as I started adding miles without noting it, I increased the average HR -not the pace grr-, and continued like that, training almost always higher than 150. Now is like if my body was learning again to go over that pace, trying to run.
Could that be one of the reasons of gaining so much weight while running still? Well I know I overindulge and overate anyway...
I made five intervals. Over the third one, I just could felt how the performance improved in the sense that breathing wasn't that hard anymore, which I translate as an anaerobic workout! It is great to read about this facts in books, is like if someone else would be explaining you how does your machine works, but until you feel it, you really comprehend what happens how the marvelous machine called our bodies work while running, while improving.
Definitely training with knowledge is much more fun!!

5 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I completely agree on the training with knowledge comment at the end of your post!
Be careful with all of the impact exercises you are doing. Rest from those high impact kickboxing and step classes is probably good to get back to 100%.

6:15 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sorry to hear the ITB is still giving you grief Hilda but it sounds like you have a good plan - weel done ;-)

6:27 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

ITB problems are a horror, hope it gets better. Kick boxing, sounds hard and intense.

10:11 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hilda, thanks for reminding me about that saying "Indulge and you will bulge". I need to be reminded!

Take care of that ITB.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I had one of those today - it is a great feeling, like you can go forever!! And that is for your next post - I can't get comments on it yet again:(

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home