Thursday, November 03, 2005

Wondering

How important running becomes!! Is like something you can't avoid to do... And you get so close to it that when you can't go for any reason you feel like a looser.
I realized today that tomorrow I am busy in the afternoon. Immediately I felt so guilty for missing a run, and now I handle everything for going earlier to run.
I would like to know which distance is ok to run during a month. I checked my records and on September I ran 80 miles and in October 85. It sounds so great!!! But still I would like to know if doing like this is ok or I should increase it much more.
I want to look for a book with this sort of information. Do you know any?

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Hello Hilda! How much distance you do really depends on what it is you are training for. Your totals sound good.

I have several running books but I really like The Complet Book of Running for Women by Claire Kowalchik. If you are interested in reading up on nutrition - any book by Nancy Clark is good. She has books on sports nutrition, marathon nutrition and even nutrition for runners who are vegetarians. Hope this helps. (Amazon.com has a lot of running books to choose from including the one I mentioned.)

9:31 AM  
Blogger D said...

(Complete) I really need to do a spell check before adding my comments!

9:32 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hilda, your distances are fine. No need to increase unless you are training for something, as DGC says. I found The Complete Book of Running which is put out by Runners World magazine pretty good. Also , have you looked at their website - they usually have artilces of interest.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! is a dsl modem generic fioricet cheap tramadol Bactrim use for acne Dirty oven fiat bravo fan belt diagram Chevrolet dealer richmond broadband wireless internet radio Dial up number for virgin internet connection Dentists in maryland signature logo floor mats Free hardcore sex pictures anime Rear car bench seat covers black dating progressive contact lenses prescription Isp in the uk Cooking school ilinois Alles ber isdn Black dating servises sbcyahoo dsl

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home