Friday, October 28, 2005

Not accurate

Today's run was good, now after it the great state of accomplishment remains. Specially because it seemed that I was not going to do it for the first three miles. I started at 7.30 at the beach after a 10 minutes walk. I ran about 1.5 and then the way back, but while on the run I was sucking. It was windy and sunny but still I thought (again) that I could handle to do it. Over the finish of the third mile I just thought of myself like the biggest looser ever!! I was trying to run 10 miles and was giving up over the third mile... Well I went in to the hotel's road and after half mile more I stopped and watched the pedometer: 3.5 miles in 65 minutes... Almost at the point of giving up I realized I was close to the gym so I decided suddenly to go there to see if maybe luckily I could find the tread mile available. (It is usually taken, there's only one working at the moment)
It was!!!! So I step on it and because the gym has a wonderful air conditioned I started to send oxygen to my lungs, and muscles while running, something that doesn't really happens while I'm outside with the moisture.
4 miles 43.23 wonderful run. It seems that running outside only, this weeks, had really made me stronger. The speed was set in 5.5 mile per hour.
(Stop after the fourth mile because it doesn't work well and stops on the 52 minute)
Then I immediately start over and made 3 miles 32. 45. The great part is that I didn't feel any pain at all. Normally when I am over the eight mile my heel, shins or knees start hurting, I just switch muscles or decrease speed and it goes better, but not this time. Over the last mile I was feeling tired but drinking water helped a lot.
The not accurate thing is that my pedometer said: 9.15 miles at the end. Of course is not a good one, I should change some of its settings. I trust the treadmill better than it, so the total today 10.5 miles 141'.
It looks much better if I say: 7 miles 76'08''. Something in to 11 minutes per mile. But indoors only. I know, the first miles at the beach were more than 20 minutes each.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow - what a fantastic day. Well done!

8:34 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Tough run outside but glad to hear you picked up and felt a lot better when you were running on the treadmill.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home