Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sunday sunrise

Ok, this morning I woke up at about 5:40 and started hesitating about going to run... It is because of the darkness, I made what has to be done in this cases, just starting preparing for going out.
I hit the sand at 6:35, there was plenty of people at the beach and it was for the sunrise... I hadn't figured out it was about to happen. I think this was the first sunrise I see here and it was a real good one!! I regret for not carrying my camera!!!
After about less than 5 minutes the sun was hidden by some clouds which made this easier to run at the beach. The sand was soft enough to aloud me to run. Great.
Since my podometer is not working I will measure distance by time, counting 12 minutes per mile. I ran for 60 minutes which puts my running on 5 miles today.
Since last night a pain in the low back started, it is from a hit that I suffer about three weeks ago, I'll check if I mentioned it, I last the whole night, I even took some pills for pain... But at running time it was completely gone!!! It is wonderful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful run Hilda. One of my favourite things about running is being able to see the sun rise. It was be magical to watch it rise over the ocean!

J.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Friar said...

Great to run early in the morning, to avoid the heat of the day, and to make sure of a run.
Fitting in a run later in the day, when other things are happening can be rather awkward.

11:12 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

See, you would have missed that sunrise had you not got up to run. Sometimes we need to look for positives for doing these crazy things!!! And we would've loved to have seen a photo of it! Hope your back is ok - its not a lot of fun when you have a sore back.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home