Monday, October 10, 2005

Trainning at the gym

This morning I went to the gym and there trained leg and abs. While exercising, my shints started hurting, not a lot, but that, and the facts I read in a marathon trainer book, made me realized that this problems are about running a stronger pace as usual. I could increase the amount of walking as far as I keep on the slow pace. That happened during the first and second week, and I could handle to complete 25 miles a week. As I get that this third I just increased the heart rate and now these are the results.
Tomorrow I will go but as low as possible on those 7 miles... now I know what to avoid....

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Hello Hilda! You should be proud of friday's run....you still ran alot of mileage. Sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies! I'm going to start back on the weights now that my marathon is over.

9:25 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Good idea to listen to your body Hilda - besides what's the rush! You will eventually get to run further and faster, so enjoy your progress, even if it feels like slow progress.

I've also realised how lucky we are here in Australia with lots of open space to enjoy running. Though I do miss running at the beach - not much chance of it where I live - we are about 3hours from the coast!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home