Wednesday, September 28, 2005

weather report again??

ja! Today I choose to go to the tread mill and was cloudy, well it is still very humid air. I needed a chance to increase speed, but I have to face it, I am not fast at all. My best speed was developed today and I just could reach to run 10 minutes miles and I just ran 4 miles, as it has to be done today. Yes, only a 6 miles p/h. The worst thing is that it made that the shin pain started hitting me at the end. Fortunatelly it is gone now, but I will have to be very carefull on friday.
When I was there running as always when breathing becomes hard or I feel tired, I started thinking about the time I spend here, sitting in front of the computer, or how fast time flies. Also my thoughts were driving me to say this is not for me... but only about speed.
This is one of the kind of race I think people have to defeat every day, because most of us are normal, or is it just a excuse to avoid accepting that I am not good enough?? It sounds very traggic, I am not feeling bad at all, finally I will not run at any marathon ever... but my everyday race against... many things will go on!!
I will keep myself on the search, finding out how to become stronger, faster etc.

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

We all start somewhere right? Just keep running at that pace until it becomes easy and then challenge yourself at that point. To some people 10 min miles are fast. Speed is relative. Happy running!

9:44 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hilda, it doesn't matter whether you are a slow runner, fast runner or in-between. The most important thing is that you enjoy running. Just by getting outdoors and being consistent with your running - you will get better, it just takes time. So relax, enjoy and smile - because you can!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home